At its core (… pun intended), the booming Cottagecore trend is all about simplicity. We need more minimalism and less waste in our daily lives.
Cottagecore is all about slowing down and putting less emphasis on yourself. Instead, you should be focusing more on finding refuge in the things you enjoy. Think Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, and dare we even say… Bridgerton. Essentially, it’s what you’d imagine living in the cottage of your dreams in the countryside would be like.
Of course, this means all we wanted to do was replicate this trend in our bedrooms and the rest of our homes.
Here are some simple ideas that you can use to give your own home a feel reminiscent of living in a simple cottage in the old English countryside:
- Floral patterned wallpaper, rugs, bedding or even headboards enable you to create a natural, soft look that can have a calming effect.
- Make the most of charity shops and ask friends or relatives if they’ve got any decorative plates, flowerpots or trinkets they no longer want.
- Reusing and recycling are great aspects of cottagecore.
- Houseplants and fresh-cut flowers are a great tool to bring this trend indoors. They brighten up any space and fill the air with inspiring scents.
- To bestow your home with a back-to-nature look, pick some pretty flowers from your garden and place them into decorated jam jars.
- In the bedroom, you can layer high-quality bed linen in neutral shades.
- Add with thick woven wool blankets for that cottagecore feel.
- Try pastoral print cushions and plenty of candles to provide a natural glow.
Try these simple hacks out and dream of a cozy cottage in the English countryside. Then you’ll know that your bedroom is perfectly cottagecore!
Alexa, play Folklore by Taylor Swift