10% OFF JACK, PET BEDS, & KIDS BEDS WITH CODE BANK10

25% OFF HOTEL BEDS WITH CODE HOSP25

environment

A More Sustainable Night’s Sleep

Renewable energy is a crucial component in the UK’s plans to be a carbon-neutral economy by 2050, and the manufacturing industry has an important role to play to achieve this. We are proud to be working towards more considered and sustainable practices.

As well as operating responsibly and investing in technology, we ensure we only source materials from suppliers who share our values and meet our standards. And our efforts are paying off. Since reaching carbon neutrality in 2017, we have offset a total of 1,643 tonnes of CO2 emissions from our factory alone. And we haven’t sent any waste to landfill since 2012.

Find out more about our efforts below.

We Have Been Carbon Neutral Since 2017

Taking action, local and global

It’s vital that we continue to offset our carbon emissions each year. We’ve already planted 478 trees in schools near our Kent factory, and supported deforestation projects in the Amazon and a wind farm project in India.

Combined, these initiatives have offset 225 tonnes of CO2 – the equivalent of taking 477 cars off the road.

 

Our Solar-powered Factory

In 2021, as part of our environmental and sustainability policy, we installed 591 energy saving solar panels at our factory in Kent. They generate enough power to meet 25 percent of our plant’s energy needs. While the remaining 75 percent is purchased through renewable electricity.

Our solar panels will contribute to a reduction of more than 46 tonnes of CO2 each year, the same amount of carbon emitted by driving a car six million miles or travelling five million miles by plane.

Renewable energy is a crucial component in the UK’s plans to be a carbon-neutral economy by 2050, and the manufacturing industry has an important role to play in helping the Government to achieve this. By investing in this technology we are driving the business forward in more considered and sustainable practices.

We offset over 1643 tonnes of CO2 between 2017 and 2020.

More About Sleepeezee

About Us
Through innovation and market leading mattress designs, Sleepeezee has grown into one of the most well-known bed manufacturers in the world.
Royal Warrant
A Royal Warrant is regarded as demonstrating the highest standards of excellence, quality and service and are a mark of the best of British.
Our History
Sleepeezee was founded in 1924 by the Price Family in Croydon, London.