COVID-19 UPDATE 18.12.2020
At Sleepeezee, we continue to respond responsibly and carefully to the challenges of Covid-19. Our priority first and foremost has been to ensure the protection of the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and customers. We have also adapted to the new hygiene, PPE and social distancing working measures which are outlined clearly below.
Due to a number of people testing positive for Covid-19 over the last few days & other colleagues now self-isolating, we have been left with no option but to close major sections of both our mattress & divan areas in order to maintain the highest levels of safety for our employees.
We have worked hard to limit the impact of Covid on our business, but infection rates in the local area are now among the highest in the country and this is a situation that is beyond our control.
We have been doing everything possible to deal with these outbreaks, including weekly contact with Public Health England as well as having a site visit this week from our local Health & Safety Executive. However, with great reluctance, we must now reschedule the remaining orders originally planned for pre-Xmas delivery into January.
We can only apologise for this inconvenience and we will keep our trade partners informed with revised delivery dates of orders that have been delayed’ We will keep you informed over the coming days with revised delivery dates for your orders.
COVID-19 UPDATE 23.10.2020
Although our Sleepeezee products remain in high demand and our workshops are operating with a full order book, we have not completely escaped the effects of the pandemic. We have seen a global shortage and delays of vital, raw materials used in the manufacture of our mattresses, attributing to longer lead times on our products. These challenges are not Sleepeezee specific, they apply to the entire global bed industry.
- Customer demand across the industry has increased to manufacture and supply mattresses and beds since May 2020.
- A shortage of raw materials such as pocket springs and ticking are not able to produce to their usual capacity. These are vital components in mattress manufacturing.
We are working diligently on producing our products to their continued high standard and are working with our retailers to keep you updated on our lead times as best as we can.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time and hope that you and your families continue to stay safe.
Steps we have taken for us to reopen safely:
- PPE such as masks, face shields, gloves and cleaning equipment have been provided to all staff, with appropriate training and guidance on the strict processes that must be followed.
- Our factory has been adapted to create a one-way system to avoid unnecessary contact with each other.
- 2m social distancing rules have been taken on board and workers spaced accordingly.
- Hand sanitiser stations set up throughout the factory and offices.
- Contactless temperature measurements are taken from each staff member on arrival. Anyone with a high temperature will not be permitted to enter the building and will be told to go home and self isolate.
- New warehouse processes and reduced deliveries to minimise the number of vehicles coming to us each day.
- Contactless DHD for our Travelodge guest purchases
Please click here to view our Covid Secure Statement.