Terms and Conditions
General Competition Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to promotions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Sleepeezee (or in connection to a third party on Sleepeezee’s behalf) and prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
- By entering the competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information. Please retain a copy for your information.
- The promoter of the competition is Sleepeezee Limited, Knight Road, Rochester, Kent, ME2 2BP
- The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Sleepeezee may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency and if a competition winner is unable to prove their residency to Sleepeezee satisfaction (i.e. prove that they are physically present in the UK for 183 days or more in the previous or current UK tax year), Sleepeezee reserves the right to select an alternative winner after 72 hours if the winner has not responded. All entrants must be of the age of 18 or over.
- Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
- Sleepeezee Limited;
- Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
- Any company involved in any capacity in the sponsorship of a competition or competition prize.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are 25/10/23 to 01/11/23. Any entries received before the opening and after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete.
- Entries are limited to one per user per platform on Instagram only. Max two entries in total. Entries received that exceed this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple accounts will be disqualified from this promotion.
- Internet access is required to enter. No purchase necessary. Entry to the prize draw may only be made once the entree has liked the post and commented who they would bring and followed the accounts as specified and that will be fully validated by Sleepeezee.
- Entrants must have an active public Instagram account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
- The entrant entering the promotion must be the owner of the Instagram account used. Proof of ownership of the social media account and proof of age may be required.
- Any entries received from private accounts on Instagram will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account, participants must amend their account settings to a public account in order for their entry to be accepted.
- You must continue to keep your social media account on a public setting for 4 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if you are selected as the winner.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Instagram community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Instagram is subject to the relevant platform’s Terms and Conditions: https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870/?helpref
- Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post:
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- includes the names or images of any individual including any children;
- includes any form of tagging;
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards);
- contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code.
- Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, syndicates, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this or any other condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incomprehensible, or not received by Sleepeezee will be void. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
1x 2 night stay at No. 46, a 6 bedroom, 5 bathroom property located at which must be redeemed within 9 months. Travel to and from the property, as well as subsistence throughout the stay is at the winner’s expense.
1x Sleepeezee Pet Basket Bed with the option of the following sizes available to the winner:
Small (72cm x 56cm x 16cm – internal 33cm x 37cm)
Medium (85cm x 65cm x 16cm – internal 42cm x 50cm)
Large (115cm x 89cm x 16cm – internal 66cm x 80cm)
If available the winner can select one of the following colours:
Biscuit, Blue, Pewter or Rose
No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable.
- The process for determining the winner of the prize is randomly selected using a computer process from all correct and valid entries, the draw for the winner will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
- Two prizes will be given out, within 28 days after the official competition closing date, unless otherwise stated.
- Sleepeezee will attempt to notify the winner within 7 days after the closing date. He/she will be contacted by Sleepeezee via DM on the social channels they use to enter the competition. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize of 72 hours from first contact by replying to the DM message with acceptance of the prize their name and address for delivery. If Sleepeezee is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within the fixed time period as specified, rejects the prize, are ineligible and/or provide an address for delivery of the prize, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Sleepeezee reserves with these terms and conditions and the competition information the right to select an alternative winner in accordance. The process will repeat until an eligible winner is able to claim the prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are the winner.
- [Clause on the delivery timeframes of the prize – must outline the dispatch date and estimated delivery – the team flagged a mattress is a high-value prize so this needs to be stated]
The 1x 2 night stay at No 46 provided by Unique Holiday Stays will be organised based on property availability and winner availability but must be redeemed within 9 months. The winner will be contacted through Instagram by Unique Holiday Stays to organise this. Travel to and from the property, as well as subsistence throughout the stay is at the winner’s expense.
The 1x Pet Basket Bed will aim to be delivered within 10 days after the winner informs Sleepeezee of their colour and size selection as well as address.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the competition in a manner, which in Sleepeezee determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the competition at Sleepeezee sole discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and on acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the winner failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- If fulfilment or any element of this promotion is delayed or affected due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting Government restrictions, any affected entrants will be contacted by the Promoter and kept updated of any unavoidable changes to the promotion or prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Sleepeezee (or any third party nominated by Sleepeezee) may request to use the winner’s name and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Sleepeezee and their suppliers and contractors solely in order to administer the competition.
- All obtained data will be deleted three months after the end date.
- Any entrant who is entering the competition via e-mail may opt out of receiving any further marketing communications from Sleepeezee by using the unsubscribe option on all email marketing communications or can contact Sleepeezee directly
- Sleepeezee shall comply with all applicable requirements of current Data Protection legislation. You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to email@example.com. By participating in the promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.
- Sleepeezee cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Sleepeezee.
- Sleepeezee will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion, the fulfilment of the prize and/ or the use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, traffic congestion, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter will make available the winner’s surname and county of residence to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this promotion. Entrants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing email@example.com.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Instagram. The Promoter does not, therefore, guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Instagram. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Instagram.
- The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind which may restrict, delay or prevent a participant’s entry to the promotion.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Sleepeezee shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, the prize won by the entrant may be forfeited and Sleepeezee reserves the right to reclaim the prize already distributed to the entrant. Any entrant must comply with any directions given to him or her by Sleepeezee including but not limited to any and all relevant laws, rules and applicable regulatory codes.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction unless you live in another part of the UK, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 17/10/2023.