Our History

It Started with a Spring…

Sleepeezee was founded in 1924 by the Price family in Croydon, London. A few years later, the company became one of the first manufacturers to produce pocket spring interior mattresses. Today, we still make all our beds at our factory in Rochester, Kent, using traditional, time-honoured techniques and high-quality materials.

  • 1920

    The Price family started manufacturing flock & hair mattresses and associated products.
  • 1925

    Amongst the first bed manufacturers to produce 'spring interior' mattresses which proved to be incredibly popular and longer lasting than traditionally made mattresses.
  • 1963

    Sleepeezee was the first pocketed spring manufacturer to be awarded a Royal Warrant from HM The Queen and subsequently HRH The Prince of Wales.
  • 1970

    The consolidation of all production into a new factory site in Merton, West London. This marked the start of a new era of luxury pocketed sprung mattresses for the wider market.
  • 1980

    Introduced Beautyrest™ pocketed springs which were a huge development in mattress spring technology, offering better support and an even more comfortable night’s sleep.
  • 1985

    A proud moment for Sleepeezee when awarded with a Royal Warrant from HRH The Prince of Wales. This signified Sleepeezee’s dedication to producing the best-sprung mattresses on the market.
  • 1993

    Sleepeezee entered into the Guinness Book of Records for the world’s largest bed measuring at an impressive 20ft x 15ft.
  • 2006

    Closure of the Merton factory and consolidation into the factory in Rochester where all Sleepeezee products are currently made. The Rochester site is currently the hub of all creativity and the latest developments in sleep technology.
  • 2013

    Began supplying Travelodge Hotels with the Dreamer bed and donated over £100,000 to Macmillan Cancer Support from the sales of this bed.
  • 2016

    The start of our ongoing relationship with QEST (Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust) and the introduction of a range of QEST beds which generate donations to this charity.
  • 2017

    We have been carbon neutal since 2017 and we are very proud to say that no waste has gone to landfill since 2012. As well as operating responsibly, we ensure that all of the timber we use is sourced sustainably within the European Union Timber Regulations (EUTR). Since 2017, we have offset a total of 1643 tonnes of CO₂ within our factory.
  • 2018

    The Sleepeezee Pocketgel Mattress is invented featuring Sensifil™ smart fibres and Staycool™ Gel.
  • 2019

    Sleepeezee donated £40,000 to the British Heart Foundation from Travelodge Dreamer mattress sales.
  • 2019

    We are the first bed manufacturer to recieve the Planet Mark demonstrating a commitment to lower our carbon emissions.
  • 2020

    Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill is announced as the Sleepeezee Brand Ambassador.
  • 2021

    Newly installed for 2021, 591 energy saving solar panels have been fitted across our entire 1130m2 manufacturing facility in Kent. The panels, made from silicon will help generate power for 25 percent of our manufacturing plant’s energy, while the remaining 75 percent will be purchased through renewable electricity.

More About Sleeepeezee

Our customers are as conscious about the environment as we are, that’s why we have been leading the way when it comes to sustainable practices.
Royal Warrant
A Royal Warrant is regarded as demonstrating the highest standards of excellence, quality and service and is a mark of the best of British.
About Us
Through innovation and market leading mattress designs, Sleepeezee has grown into one of the most well-known bed manufacturers in the world.