Memory foam mattresses are great for those who love feeling like they’re being embraced by their bed. But did you know that lower temperatures are one of the most important factors for a good night’s sleep? One of the most persistent questions we often get asked is, are memory foam mattresses hot?
As far as mattresses go, traditional memory foam structures do retain more heat than some other types because of how their foam material is designed. But if you’ve ever had the pleasure of the cosy embrace of your memory foam mattress, you’ll know they’re about as soft and fluffy as a cloud.
- The irresistibly softer mattress is the exact reason that a memory foam bed can also be too hot for certain sleepers.
- This is especially true for traditional memory foam mattresses. On one hand, the memory foam’s airy internal structure perfectly contours to the shape of your body, evenly absorbing your weight across the entire surface area of the mattress.
- The material is porous, but here’s the catch: in many memory foam mattresses, those tiny spaces aren’t connected, which isn’t conducive to airflow.
How does it work?
- And when your body compresses the memory foam, it compresses these tiny pockets of air, as well, leaving little to no space within the foam for air to circulate.
- As your body sinks into the foam layers with cosy delight, the mattress also retains more heat compared to other mattress types.
- However, not all memory foam mattresses are made this way. Thankfully, we’ve got some solutions…
Sleepeezee G Memory
- Unlike traditional memory foam mattresses, the G Memory range features our unique graphite memory foam that gives the mattresses its unique properties and comfort feel. Unlike memory foam, the breathable graphite memory foam layer allows for the movement of air and moisture, dispersing heat away from the body to prevent overheating – resulting in a more comfortable night’s sleep!
Graphite memory foam also moulds to your body shape, providing cushioned support and pressure relief to your hips and shoulders whilst also distributing your weight evenly.
So you can sleep cool without compromising on comfort!